Stainless Steel Black Top Indoor Trash Can
18 Gallon INT1531 D-6 SS BLX Stainless Steel Black Top Trash Can. Cafe Style Domed Trash Top waste receptacle has a 6in. opening and features a brushed stainless steel finish with a solid bottom that is fire safe. Top removes from body for easy empty and cleaning, unlike comparable units which require the entire body be lifted for emptying. Double beaded base provides additional body strength and stylish lines. 18 Gallon capacity. Includes removable plastic liner with grommet openings for easy lifting. 15in. Dia. x 31in. H.
- Cafe Style Domed Top Trash Receptacle
- Brushed stainless steel body is fire-safe with a solid bottom.
- Fingerprint proof textured finish cafe style top has 6" trash opening.
- Top removes from body for easy emptying and cleaning, unlike comparable units which require the entire body to be lifted for emptying.
- Double beaded base provides additional body strength and stylish lines.
- Rubber gasket protects floors and surfaces.
- 18 gallon capacity plastic inner liner
- Tops are a textured EXL-COAT powder coat finish
- Product Dimensions: 15" x 31", 30lbs.
Stainless steel, an alloy of iron that contains ten percent chromium, is a very resilient material used in a wide range of household and industrial products. It's resistant to rust and tarnish due to the chromium film on its surface. Not only is stainless steel used in household products, it's also used in wide variety of architectural structures on account of its strong resistance to corrosion that can be caused by changes in atmospheric conditions What may appear to be rust is caused by iron particles on the surface of the stainless steel. Bon-Ami or some other type of oxalic acid cleaner will remove the iron, and allow the Stainless steel to oxidize cleanly which protects the metal from further corrosion.
In the event that your stainless steel receptacles have iron discoloration on them, follow these instructions to remove it.
1. Mix 1 tablespoon of baking soda in 2 cups of water.
2. Rub the baking soda solution on the stains using a toothbrush. Baking soda is non-abrasive and will gently lift the stains from the stainless steel. It also will not damage the grain of the stainless steel.
3. Rinse and wipe the spot with wet paper towel. You will see the rust-like particles on the paper towel.